From Wikipedia, some statistics about Shavano Park, Texas that might help inform the public as the underlying dynamics at play in this small, bedroom community, that bills itself as City Living with Country Charm.
- Shavano Park is a city located in Bexar County, Texas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 3,035, up from 1,754 at the 2000 census. It is an enclave of San Antonio and is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- As of the census of 2010, there were 3,035 people, 629 households, and 549 families residing in the city. The population density was 990.9 people per square mile (382.6/km2)…. The racial makeup of the city was
- 92.87% White,
- 1.43% African American,
- 0.11% Native American,
- 2.17% Asian,
- 1.60% from other races,
- and 1.82% from two or more races.
- Hispanic or Latino of any race were 13.06% of the population.
In the city, the population was spread out, with
- 25.5% under the age of 18,
- 3.4% from 18 to 24,
- 18.1% from 25 to 44,
- 35.5% from 45 to 64, and
- 17.5% who were 65 years of age or older.
- The median age was 47 years.
- For every 100 females, there were 94.5 males.
- For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.2 males.
The median income in Shavano Park
- for a household in Shavano Park was $108,306, and
- the median income for a family was $111,505.
- Males had a median income of $79,551 versus $41,250 for females.
- The per capita income for the city was $47,705.
- About 0.7% of families and 2.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.0% of those under age 18 and 1.8% of those age 65 or over.(ie, 3% of the population is living below the poverty line.)
- According to Wikipedia, Shavano Park employs 19 police officers, which means, based on 2018 population figure 3, 926, with 75% being over the age of 18, or 2944 adult residents, there is a ratio of 1 police officer for every 155 adult residents.
Shavano Park must be expecting its 92.87% population that makes a median income of $108,306 annually, with less than 3% living below the poverty line, and most substantially above it, to start rioting & looting any minute now….
Or is this the police force that Mayor Bob Werner, husband of professional guardian of human beings, Mary Werner, needs to enforce guardianship orders on the wealthy that still live in his community (unlike Charlie Thrash; whereabout unknown since last seen with Mary Werner) that their neighbor Oscar Kazen has removed from the midst of Shavano Park, using the power Oscar gained, with Bob & Mary Werner’s help & assistance, to be all of Bexar County’s Probate Judge?
From Wikipedia, some statistics about San Antonio, Texas to compare and contrast with the column on the left, Shavano Park, which is completely surrounded by the much larger San Antonio.
- San Antonio serves as the seat of Bexar County; San Antonio is the center of the San Antonio–New Braunfels metropolitan statistical area. Commonly called Greater San Antonio, the metro area has a population of 2,550,960 based on the 2019 U.S. census estimate, making it the 24th-largest metropolitan area in the United States and third-largest in Texas.
- According to the 2010 U.S. Census, 1,327,407 people resided in San Antonio city proper, an increase of 16.0% since 2000. The racial composition of the city based on the 2010 U.S. Census is as follows:
- 72.6% White (non-Hispanic whites: 26.6%),
- 6.9% Black or African American,
- 0.9% Native American,
- 2.4% Asian,
- 0.1% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander,
- 3.4% two or more races, and
- 13.7% other races.
- In addition, 63.2% of the city’s population was of Hispanic or Latino origin, of any race.
The age of the city’s population is distributed as
- 28.5% under the age of 18,
- 10.8% from 18 to 24,
- 30.8% from 25 to 44,
- 19.4% from 45 to 64, and
- 10.4% who are 65 years of age or older.
- The median age is 32 years.
- In San Antonio, 48% of the population are males, and 52% of the population are females.
- For every 100 females, there are 93.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 89.7 males.
The median income in San Antonio
- for a household in San Antonio is $36,214, and
- the median income for a family is $53,100.
- Males have a median income of $30,061 versus $24,444 for females.
- The per capita income for the city is $17,487.
- About 17.3% of the population and 14.0% of families are below the poverty line.
- Of the total population, 24.3% of those under the age of 18 and 13.5% of those 65 and older are living below the poverty line. (ie., 37.8% of the population is living below the poverty line.)
- According to the San Antonio Police Department website, “Positions as Law Enforcement Officers are called “Sworn” positions. SAPD employs more than 2000 sworn personnel (law enforcement officers)…” which means that with an adult population of 949,096, San Antonio has a ratio of 1 police officer for every 475 adult residents.